Image Map

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Taylor Ink Does Weddings!!

Hello all my fellow crafters! It has been so long. I apologize for my hiatus. 

Between work and the holidays, things were a tid bit crazy around here. However, I am back and committed to sharing my love of crafting and DIY with the masses. 

Today's post has everything to do with weddings. I am at that age when every one around me is getting engaged and married. One of those people in particular is my cousin Alyssa!! As she is more like a sister and  I am the maid of honor I aimed to make this experience as special as possible for her. 

Here are a couple of engagement projects I put together to celebrate the occasion. 

I created a flower bouquet out of paper for dress shopping and hopefully she can use it for the wedding rehearsal. Above all I wanted her to have a special keepsake.  


To create this beautiful bouquet I selected different types and sizes of flowers from the Cricut image library. Cutting was the easy part...
Assembling was the more difficult part but totally worth the final product. Thanks to my mom not only did it go quicker then I expected but I was nice to do a crafting project together. (I will do another blog post on how to assemble and tricks I picked up through trial and error)

Once all of the flowers have been assembled like this...
I added some embellishment

Using floral wire and floral tape I attached the flowers to their stems and started to form my bouquet.

After I finished my labor of love, it was time to put the engagement basket together! I bought a basket from Michael's that I got for a steal and created a really simple banner to adorn it. 

Some of the items in my basket included a monogrammed tea tumbler (I made by using the same monogramming technique I explain in my Vinyl Monogram and Bows post), a burlap and lace guest book by the fabulous David Tutera , personalized luggage tags from Shutterfly, an Alex and Ani bracelet with the path of life symbol in blue enamel (can you tell what the wedding colors are going to be),  and the paper flower bouquet. For a final touch I filled the tumbler with gummy ring pops as well as lined the bottom of the basket with the same yummy gummy candies :-)


And finally drum roll please.........The piece de resistance of my engagement bundle was the calendar inspired save the dates. 

On Pinterest I saw a lot of the same ideas used for save the dates. It wasn't until I was searching through the Cricut image library that I stumbled upon these awesome calendar cut outs. As I was looking through the different months a light bulb went off. Why couldn't these be turned into save the dates!?!? And that my friends is exactly what I did. I wanted to wait until she mailed them out before I shared in a blog post. Without further a do, here they are!

I added the love birds on a branch and updated the numbering that came with them. The calendars were originally for 2014. I also mixed it up by making some with  gold backing and some with champagne backing. Her colors as you have guessed by now are Navy Blue and champagne with some gold touches here and there.

It's honestly all about the details. I hand tied small twine bows and cut out little navy blue tags with the year on them. 



I am just so happy with how these turned out and I can't wait to share with you the wedding invites!!
 They are a secret for now but as soon as they are out the door I will be putting a post up. 


In the mean time look for a post on baseball themed wedding invitations coming soon!!

As always friends, Happy Crafting! ~ T

Taylor Ink does weddings! If you are looking for an invitation service look no further! I am available to do save the dates, wedding invitations, bridal invites, baby shower invites and much much more! You can contact me by email which can be found on my Contact Me page. 


1 comment: