Image Map

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Love is in the Air

Valentine's Day is right around the corner and love is in the air. So naturally my door needed a little Valentine's Day love too. This wreath is super cute and is a great to use for Valentine's Day as well for spring.

I warn you creating the pieces is a tad time consuming but once they are completed its simple to put it together. 

Here is what you will need to create this one of a kind rosette wreath:
Patterned Card Stock (for one rosette you will need 3 sheets) x 10
Solid Card Stock (again 3 sheets for one rosette) x 2
Cricut Explore
Hot Glue Gun
Flat Round Wreath Form
Ribbon


 ~ Step 1 ~

First you need to select the paper you will want to work with. I chose many different patterns to make my wreath vibrant and colorful, but I still kept in the same theme. 





Using my Cricut Explore I cut out my rosette pieces (excuse my crafting snack! If you have never tried them barkTHINS are THE best!)


~ Step 2 ~

Each rosette piece has score lines, alternate the folds so that it looks like a fan. After all of the pieces are folded (each rosette should have 5 pieces to it) using the little tab that is on the right end of each, add a little hot glue and attach to the next piece.



~ Step 3 ~

Connect the ends of the strip of fans you put together using the last tab left and a little hot glue. On the back of the connected rosette hot glue one of the circles that you cut out along with the rosette. Do the same to the front with a different pattern or colored paper.


~ Step 4 ~

Once all of the rosettes have been put together it's time to attach them to the foam wreath form. I arranged them randomly on the wreath form until I was happy with the final product. Snap a pic of the arrangement take them off and then start to hot glue them back on.


~ Step 5 ~

Last but not least it's time to add some ribbon. I added this cute chevron ribbon I found at Michaels in the valentines day section. I thought the colors would work to carry the wreath over into spring.



To add a little flare I tied a double loop bow. This wreath makes me super happy and extremely ready for warm spring weather (as another 10 -18 inches of snow is expected to fall tonight into tomorrow, gotta love New England winters).

I hope you enjoyed this Valentine's Day inspired post! 

Happy Crafting! ~ T

I would love to see your versions of this wreath! Send them to my email located on my Contact Me Page and I will feature it on my next blog post!


No comments:

Post a Comment